1. What is the difference between Fiber optic format Single mode and Multimode?
Answer: There are 2 different;
1.1 The Size of Core
- Single mode, Size of Core is 9 µm
-Multimode, Size of Core is 62.5 µm , 50µm
1.2 Light Source
-Single mode, use the light from Laser
-Multimode, use the light from LED
2. How many type of Fiber optic cable?
Answer: They are 2 types;
-Single mode : The Core (Glass core used to transmit light signals) size is 9/125 µm (OS2)
-Multimode: The Core size is 62.5/125 µm (OM1) , 50/125 µm (OM2) , 50/125 µm XG (OM3) , 50/125 µm (OM4)
3. Marking of Fiber optic cable wrote 50/125. What is the number 50 and 125?
Answer: Number 50 is 50 µm, that is the size of core and number 125 is 125 µm, that is the size of Cladding (It is the plastered core for the reflection inside core only)
4. What is the advantage of Fiber optic cable?
Answer: Fiber optic cable can install longer distance than copper cable and protect for 100% the interfering signals, Can install indoor and outdoor of the building. Can support any system usage such as; LAN, CCTV, Telephone and etc. They also support high speed in the future.
5. What is the basic to select the Fiber optic cable?
Answer: Select the cable type such as; Single-mode or Multimode
Answer: Installation such as; pipe, buried, hang the light pole
Answer: The number of Core suitable such as; 6 Core , 12 Core , 24 Core and etc.
6. Pigtail cable on sale will have Jacket type 3.0 mm and 900 µm. What is the difference?
Answer: Pigtail Jacket 3 mm. will emphasis on strength. For Pigtail Jacket 900 µm will emphasis on elasticity, bendable and space less for installation.
7. How to test the Fiber optic cable?
Answer: Test with Power Meter & Light Source machine, the Loss of value your Fiber optic cable.
Answer: Test with OTDR machine (Optical Time Domain Reflecto meter), analyzing the loss of value, distance and connecter of Fiber Optic Cable. That shows the result by graphic, it can analyses the whole system.
8. Fiber optic cable type Single-Mode, the standard of ITU-T G.657A2 and ITU-T G.652D. Can connect both?
Answer: Can connect. Because the standard of ITU-T G.657A2 and ITU-T G.652D are the standard of Fiber optic type Single mode.
9. What is the Fiber optic Splice Closure? How to use Dome and Horizontal type?
Answer: Fiber optic Splice Closure is the device for connect Fiber optic. They had 2 type;
Dome-install on top of electric pole for connection or spread Fiber optic cable
Horizontal-installation by hanging between the power poles
10. What is the difference between Pigtail FC/PC , FC/UPC , FC/APC? Can it be use for connecter fiber optic?
Answer: It can be used for connecter Fiber optic but in different way.
Pigtail type Physical Contact (PC) can use General Network system for sending data and information.
Pigtail type Ultra Physical Contact (UPC) can use with IT device which need high speed.
Pigtail type Angled Physical Contact (APC) can use with special telecommunications which need high speed such as; FTTH and etc.
11. How many types Fiber optic Connector head have?
Answer: Fiber optic connector has 4 types; ST, SC, FC, LC. All 4 types are the same efficient, and select to use by install skill or device of Port Fiber optic
12. In case to install Fiber optic cable, all pipe and hanging with electric pole. What type of Fiber optic cable to select?
Answer: Fiber optic ADSS (All-Dielectric Self Support), it is the Fiber optic cable which have special structure. No electric conductor design for protecting thunderclap. Can install all pipe and hanging with electric pole.
CCTV cable or RG cable as you well-known, because nowadays the number of usage are increasing. But do you know that??? Even many experts still have the problem with CCTV cable and CCTV system.
Credit by interlink